Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tender Mercies

"...But Behold, I, Nephi will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 1 Nephi 1:20

These past few weeks have been filled with tender mercies. Tender mercies come in the form of friends, encouraging words, validation, bishops, mission calls, phone calls, priesthood blessings, peace, fortuitous meetings, not having to sit alone, groceries, sister missionaries, family, words of affirmation, pumpkin pie, service, outlets.

God loves me so much. God loves me enough to give me hard things. God loves me enough to send tender mercies. God loves me enough to tell me no. God loves me enough to send me to Montana. God loves me enough to fulfill promised blessings. God loves me enough to reconfirm my faith whenever it starts to waver.

God is great. God is merciful. God is just.

Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: