Monday, December 28, 2009

Such a Girl

Okay, so I don't like to admit this, but it needs to be done. Sometimes, I really am a pansy. I know, you are probably all shocked...or something... but it's true. Why do I bring said weakness up? Because a few recent trips to the gym have reminded me of what a girl I am. Lately, every time I got to the gym I stop half way through due to the fact that I am about to pass out. Now I would like to tell you that it's because I have had such an awesome workout and am achieving the status of "fully awesome." False. I am achieving the status of "fully lame," and it's kind of pissing me off. Not gonna lie. This whole working out thing didn't use to be an issue. I used to be able to work out for an hour and feel nothing but the sweet rush of exhaustion and endorphins charging through my body. Now, not so much. As I peel myself off of the machines, stumble over to get some water, and sit down with my head between my knees I feel nothing but defeat and frustration. What the St. Francis? Why do I fail at life?

One possible conclusion is that this past semester I had an awesome social life, which equals a not so awesome exercise routine. Another possible factor for my failure is that I did this thing called stop eating. Which was kind of bad. Not intentionally though; I'm not anorexic. Promise. I just hate eating; it takes up way too much time, and it's such a hassle. But apparently your body needs foods and nutrients. Whatever. So maybe I'm nutrient deprived, and my body can't handle running at freaking 6 miles an hour. What the heck? Suck it up body. Suck it up.

So now I'll just try to re-build my endurance and my pride, and complete a full work out without having to stop and rest like a girl... Pray for me. Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment:

will said...

I'll pray for you.....already do in fact......