Sunday, December 27, 2009

Singles Ward

Almost two years ago today, I attended my first singles ward. This does not include college wards. That's another story in an of itself. Now, I have been to a few since then, but this ward in Arizona was my first. That was a funny time of life. I had just finished my first semester of college, and was home in Prescott for four months. That was back when I was still pretty socially awkward, and can you believe it? Shy... Truth. It was also a time of life when I was still trying to figure out who I was, and find peace with it. Ah, the joys of youth. It's fine. Today, I will be going to yet another singles ward. It's slightly entertaining to me this time, seeing how much I have grown up. Now I just don't bloody care what people think of me. It's totally awesome. It also helps that I will be leaving in about a month to go serve the Lord, so it doesn't really matter how people perceive me. I do what I want, fools. Eat it. How cool is it to be able to see your progression? I love that. I also love the fact that I know that I can engage people in conversations without being awkward. That is also wonderful. Thank you, Orlando for teaching me ward social skills. Now, when you read this don't get the impression that I was a menace to society just two short years ago. False. But anyone who knew me then and knows me now will admit that I've shed that awkward sweater. Now sometimes I put it back on for fun. You know, strictly nostalgic purposes. It's fine. But for the most part I am a capable and confident adult. So eat it sucka.

It also helps that I have had some experience in singles wards, as well as those nonsensical college wards. I know who to avoid, who NOT to hit on, and who to flirt with shamelessly. It's great. I also highly love how every singles ward is essentially the same, and you know what to expect. This time I will probably meet a hippie or two. I heart you, Arcata. Thank you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

Mary said...

so...I haven't yet shed my awkward sweater literally or figurativly. And I almost bought another one yesterday. What does this mean for me???

Emmilie said...

London will be good for you. Maybe you could even get an awkward London cardigan. That would be attractive. Heart you.