Saturday, December 26, 2009

Essence of Emmilie

Sometimes there are lyrics to songs that describe my life, or more realistically, my outlook on life. They speak to my soul, and help me to find the words to explain how I feel. In essence, these lyrics are Emmilie.

So come over, just be patient and don't worry.

Anything less than "I love you" is lying.

Do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hands?

Oh what good is it to live with nothing left to give, forget but not forgive, not loving all you see?

Maybe when things turn green again it will be good to say you know me.

Oh love, don't let me go. Won't you take me where the streetlights glow? I can hear rain coming, like a serenade of sound, now my feet won't touch the ground.

It's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, oh it's a hard, it's a hard rain, gonna fall.

This is the deep and dying breath, this love that we've been working on.

I noticed tonight that the world has been turning while I've been stuck here dithering around.

I know the heart of life is good.

Monday you can fall apart, Tuesday, Wednesday, break my heart Thursday doesn't even start, it's Friday I'm in love.

I could write a song, a hundred miles long, well that's where I belong and you belong with me.

I get by with a little help from my friends.

Tears stream down your face; I promise you I will learn from my mistakes. Tears stream down your face And I...will try to fix you.

I never meant to cause you trouble; I never meant to do you wrong.

If only I don't bend and break, I'll meet you on the other side; I'll meet you in the light.

The sun is up; the sky is blue; it's beautiful, and so are you.

I could write it down, and spread it all around; get lost and then get found, not swallowed in the sea.

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved.

This is my life. My life is beautiful. Thank you, and goodnight.