Monday, December 21, 2009

Here's to You, 2009

So I have decided that this year has been good to me. I learned a lot. A whole lot. I experienced a ton. As per usual, it was a year of ups and downs, goods and bads where ultimately the good always outweighs the bad. I've been doing a bit of introspection lately, one of my favorite things to do... and realized that I have grown more in this last year than I ever thought I possibly could. I found myself this year- it was quite a lovely discovery. Indeed, looking back this time last year is almost a laughable thing, simply because of how much I have changed. And then as I look into how much is going to change in the next year, I know that I will be laughing still. Thank goodness that this life is all about progression. Thank goodness I can look back on this past year, grateful for everything that happened. It all helped me learn, love and grow. I'm better because of it. So here's just a little smattering of all that happened this past year:

Fell in love with Orlando.

Interned for Disney World.

Met some celebrities.

Dressed like a Grandma for work at Epcot. Sexy.

Had my first taste of missionary work.

Ate lots of sushi.


Danced it out on numerous occasions.

Went hotel hot tubbing.


Caught a gator with my bare hands.


Danced it out Disney style.


Met Mickey Mouse when Kinsey came to visit.


Had my bridal shower at the Grand Floridian. You heard me.


Watched the NBA Finals and had some intense Kobe faces.


Went on many a Wendy's run.


Dressed like a paleontologist for work at Animal Kingdom.


Spooned with Dale.

Went to the beach with my lovelies often.


Ate the Kitchen Sink on the 4th of July.


Used my swimsuit to death.


Met a Pez dispenser.


Went to Warped Tour, and almost died in a Mosh Pit.


Turned 21, went to a real bar...and ordered Shirley Temples...


Discovered Twistee Treat.


Slummed it with Obama.


Went to the fair with my family.


Finally got my face painted.


Discovered that California beaches are much colder than Florida beaches.

Went to a firetruck parade.

Turned in my mission papers, and got called to Billings, Montana.

Went back to school.

Survived Mass Media.

Made lots of friends.

Fell in love with a boy.

Said lots of goodbyes.


Went to a tractor parade.


So here's to you, 2009. Thank you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

will said...

You are too cool....had to say it because I know it.....shut it young woman......

Stephanie said...

Hey Em! This is the first time I've commented on your blog, but I read it a lot. Hope that doesn't weird you out...Anyway, your posts are amazing. You and Mary both have a knack for turning a phrase. You're hilarious and VERY fun to read! It looks like 2009 was good to you, and you were good to 2009! Girl, you're GORGEOUS!!! And that tan! Whoa! Anyway, back to topic. I'm so excited for you and your mission call and all the fun stuff that awaits! You're right. 2010 does look pretty good. And your letter to the future...? I think that Cary Grant type is just waiting for you to come back from Montana and then...he's all yours.:) Much love to you! Steph B.