Friday, October 30, 2009

I Hate Rexburg.

Okay, so this is a hate post. Ready, go.

I hate Rexburg. I hate the weather. I hate the dry air. I hate the infernal wind that blows in every direction every minute of the day. I hate the snow. I hate the mist that messes up your good hair day. I hate the culture of "Get married now. You fail if you don't get hitched." I hate it. I hate it all.

The other day, I decided that eight years from now, when I get married and have to choose where to live, I will live somewhere humid, warm, and beautiful. Never again will I choose to live in a place that is so dry that it makes my hair nasty and full of static. Never again will I live in a place so dry that it gives me Eczema all over my left arm. Never again will I live in a place that inspires me to never get ready, because the moment you step outside, the rain, mist, sleet, slush, or snow eternally messes up your hair. Never again will I live in a place where I have to lather my body up with lotion each day so that I don't die of dry skin. Never again do I care to live in a place that makes my legs look like the Grand Canyon. Never again do I want to live in this wretched little place called Rexburg. No, I won't say anything nice about it. Don't make me. Thank you, and goodnight.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm the exact same way! I don't think I was this bitter last year...

Heidi Michelle said...

Ditto and ditto! And amen!
p.s. you picked a good day to skip. I should have taken your dare!

will said...

I love Rexburg because my daughter lives there.....she is close to a Temple and gets to learn lessons there that will stay with her thru the eternities....I always imagine her there going through her day and pray that she is safe there and my prayers have been answered....I love her...

Polly Scott said...

Never say never!!! It makes God laugh and you usually have to eat your words!

tori said...

mmmhmmmmm. rexburg is far too cold. and i despise its wind.