Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday's Warrior

Okay, so today I saw for the first time ever, Saturday's Warrior. What the heck. Who made that? 

"Saturday's Warrior is a popular Latter-day Saint musical written by Douglas Stewart and Lex de Azevedo. It was first performed in California in 1973 as a college project. 

"In 1989, Bob Williams made a video version of the musical, keeping it true to the original play, and setting it on a stage as opposed to giving the movie a more naturalistic look. It is among the first popular LDS films to not be made or sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or Brigham Young University." 

Thank you, wikipedia. 

Needless to say, this was the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. At least four times, I found myself saying out loud, "False!" This was a rather large misrepresentation. No one promises to marry each other in the Pre-existence. Who wrote that? Oh, right, Douglas Stewart and Lex de Azevedo. Good job guys. I laughed out loud on more than one occasion where it was entirely inappropriate; my bad. By the end of the film I was laughing harder than I have in a long time. Oh snap, Bob Williams. Bless your heart, but what were you thinking? Pretty sure there are no fog machines in the Pre-existence for us to dance around in. Just saying, but nice touch. 

Please bless that I never have to watch that movie ever again. Thank you, and goodnight. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts exactly. I will be forever greatful that my parents never introduced this movie into my life. It was forced upon me by friends. Well, we are no longer friends. jk =)

will said...

Hold there Fella.....I distinctly remember dancing in a fog machine in the pre-existence......the fog was vaguely green and smelled of pop-tarts but I am sure I remember dancing in it...........Tango

Samantha Renee said...

I love that you yelled "False!" out loud that just makes my day!
Skowt