Monday, October 12, 2009

Sin Scale

On a sin scale of one to ten, ten being oh let's say Exaltation, and one being oh I don't know, Damnation, how bad is it that history bores me to tears? Granted, it is very important, and yes it has shaped today, yet I cannot take it. I'm ready to pound my skull into my keyboard in utter protest, and thereby cause quite a stir in my Intro to Journalism class. I don't really care how Madison's and Jefferson's writings led to the civil war; I don't care about federal usurpations; I don't care about how Alexander Hansen experienced anger towards the Alien and Sedition Acts. I know that I should, but I cannot. As I look around the room, I find the same feelings of animosity towards the 1700s emanating from 87% of my classmates bodies. Some have just flat out fallen asleep and are untroubled. Bless them. Now don't get me wrong, I love Journalism, it's true, but in learning about its history I would so much rather talk about Bob Woodward, and Carl Bernstein, and "Deep Throat;" let's talk about Watergate, people. That's far more fascinating. Or maybe Nellie Bly, because I'm not gonna lie, I want to be her when I grow up. It's fine. So maybe I'm just a bad person; don't worry- God will punish me. Thank you, and goodnight. 

2 comments:

Heidi Michelle said...

Two posts from class in one day? Dang! Way to go you! And yes, let's talk more about Nellie Bly! She rocks!

Unknown said...

sin scale = 1.

I heard someone has a secret boyfriend....