Monday, April 14, 2008

Why is the Dust in Arizona Red?

So today I was doing my monotonous daily routine... Now that I have quit that wretched job, I have to make money somehow. How you may ask? I clean my house for my mother. It is actually really relaxing. And it leaves me alone with my thoughts. You know, because I have no other alone time... (Sarcasm button: ON) Anyways, I was dusting today, and to my surprise I find that the dust here is red. And not just on my TV where I first noticed the fore mentioned dust. Indeed not. Upon closer inspection, I found to my surprise, that all of the dust in Arizona is red. Just one more reason for you to think that I really am on an alien planet. It was utterly bizarre. Perhaps in my weakened condition, (I have a sinus infection...) I found it to be much more interesting and amusing than it really should be, but alas. I found it worthy enough for my blog. I would take a picture, but I do not want to throw myself into that wave of insanity. Taking pictures of dust. (Who does that?!) Okay, Horton. (And that statement does not prove my insanity either. I was referring to Horton Hears a Who... the dust speck...my Seussical days are flooding back to me now...) Ahem. Moving right along...

Again today, going about the near prison like routine, I noticed something else that caught my eye. I was driving through PV (Prescott Valley, although "Village" works too-) and to my utter astonishment a banner was hung on many street lamps. On the banner: The iconic I Heart NY picture. Oh, but this had been modified. It now read I Heart PV. As if that wasn't enough above it read this little thought provoking phrase: "In a PV minute..." No ladies and gentlemen. Try as you may, Prescott Valley- or "PV" will never have minutes similar to New York. And don't for a single "PV minute" try to convince me of the similarities between New York and Prescott Valley. I literally did a double take when I saw this, and laughed out loud for like 4 minutes. Just because PV is larger (not by a vast amount) than Dewey, it will never be considered a city. It's just not happening folks. I'm sorry. And you would never call the residents of a city "Folks." It just goes against so many laws of the universe. I really wanted to stop and take a picture... but I could not. I was late picking up some child from school. Maybe tomorrow!

Considering that this very well may be my last week...ever...living in Arizona, let alone Prescott, I am going to try to appreciate the natural...beauty that surrounds me here. Most of the time my appreciation turns to incredulity. "Are they SERIOUS??" They always are, and it makes me laugh. So maybe I should highlight the humorous parts of living here. After all, they are quite serious about it.

No comments: