Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dewey, and All That the Name Implies



Okay. I live in Dewey. Yes, it is a real place. And yes, I have mentioned it once or twice before, And yes, tonight I will be mentioning it again. And yes. I really do live here. And yes, it really is called Dewey.


I was reading over some of my previous entries, and they all have the common theme of hope strung along into them. Hope that my time in Dewey would get better, and more exciting. HA!! In fact it did not ever get more exciting. I hate Dewey with every fiber of my being. It is the bane of my existence. I have to report that it never got better. It was not a sweet wine that got better with age. It was more like an old piece of cheese...that just continued to mold. I didn't have to work on a ranch...that was good. (I'm looking for the positives here.) Everything about Dewey (with the exception of my wonderful family) was horrible. My job was the job from Hell. It was so crazy. I try to joke about it, but some of the things that happened just aren't funny. I have yet to make sexual harassment funny. If you have any ideas, please pass them along. My Singles Ward was terrifying. It was the most nerve-wrecking experience having to go there... Probably the most difficult part was the whole not having any friend thing. I really don't recommend it. You know, but I practiced my story telling skills... to myself, in the hopes that one day Dewey would offer me an audience. But alas, it did not. I really don't mean to sound...forlorn or anything. I'm doing well considering everything... I just figure that it's important to tell the facts... Things are good. Never fear, fans!! I have been faithfully counting down the days I have left in this *&%$#@&*@!#$&%$ place. (Which translates into great) I ONLY HAVE 6 DAYS LEFT!!!! And I will miss my family SO much!! But I can't wait to have a life again. haha. Really. I'm so excited that I will have a social outlet other than facebook. Life will be good. And I'll have friends to do things with on the weekends!! I won't be stuck at home blogging, or on facebook!! HOORAY!!!! Thank you kind fans, for listening to my venting. You have been so great these past few months, and I promise to be more upbeat in just a few moment's time!!
So these pictures are rather definitive of my stay here in the Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, and Dewey. The first one is a great representation of how society and relations surrounding me are trying to pressure me into falling into the unthinkable...a cowgirl!!! (gasp from the crowd...) But never fear. I have not given in. Thank you. The second picture is also accurate. Those of you who know me very well, and can read my facial expressions know that this is a "I'm smiling because that is what' expected" face. I call it the humoring face. I was humoring my sister. I was humoring the universe in coming to live here. But hey, it all worked out. Maybe not in the way that I was expecting it to, but indeed, it all worked out. I learned a lot. Life lessons; like: Never leave your daughters alone with the men that work behind the front desk at a gym. It never means anything good. Please remember this. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: