Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Doorbells Rang



Another rather large event in my life occurred a few weeks ago. I got married!! Okay, no. My dad did though- for real life. He married a wonderful woman named Julie on March 22, 2008. They were married at my Uncle's house in Sandy Utah. It was a lovely wedding. It confirmed my belief that children should never see their parent's weddings. It is just so insanely awkward. I'm not gonna lie. The wedding was nice, but completely crazy. You have to understand my Aunt and Uncle. They are the most generous people you will ever meet. They always have some random people living with them... there are always a million people there. It is insane! (But full of love.) It is so crazy that I have determined that if I ever suffer from writers block, all I would have to do would be to set up a video camera and record for about twenty minutes, and I would probably have at least seven different plot lines going on. It is crazy. And the noise level is comparable to some sort of rally. No lie. So the day of the wedding came. I flew into Salt Lake, and began my princess day. (After all, it was all about me anyways...okay, no.) That day was full of hair and nail appointments. It was actually a lot of fun. By no stretch of the imagination would I want to do it everyday, but every now and then is fun, and maybe even healthy. So the ladies got beautified, and I tried to be of assistance to my father who was in fact totally freaking out. I'm not going to lie, it was actually really funny. I hope that doesn't sound mean. I'm sure I'll be like that too- but I'm not there yet, so I decided to just enjoy it! Probably the worst part of the whole wedding was that I had to sing. (Hey, it got me out of a wedding gift!!) I sang Someone to Watch Over Me. I was kind of freaking out, because I didn't think all of the notes were going to come out. Basically the only singing I had really done in the past 5ish months was in the shower. And no real performance time since that awful show, The Secret Garden last May. So needless to say, my range and technique were gone. That was kind of troublesome to my heart. I was totally freaking out. But it all worked out. My Dad wanted me more as "background noise," rather than actually performing. (Thanks Dad!!) That was real nice. But it did allow me to stand in a corner by the stereo (no time for an accompanist...) and hide while I sang. I was only harassed by the photographer. (My cousin.) I hit all my notes. Thanks to many prayers and a diet of Hot Tamales and Apples that day. And the wedding continued. (Oh yeah, did I mention that I started the wedding? Weird?) So I walked down the aisle. (Which was the living room) and went and stood by the bishop. It was awkward because I had to wear nylons, which equaled me almost falling out of my shoes like four times... oh well. Then my Dad and Julie did the whole wedding thing. Then it was time to meet and greet all of these people from my old ward. That I was in 10 years ago. There was a common theme to all of our conversations: "Emmilie?! You are so grown up!!! You are so big!!" (Well I would HOPE so!) So that was fun to see my old Activities Day leader... it was nice. Then Aaron came to the wedding, and we had fun watching all of the kids dive into the chocolate fountain. So yeah... that was the wedding. I took a few notes, and decided what I may or may not want at my wedding. I want a chocolate fountain. That's about all. Oh, and I will be getting married in the temple... so yeah. That will be good too. Oh, and by the way- I now have a new step-sista. Her name is Jillian, and she is amazing! I love her to death. She is so sweet, and crazy. (Crazy like me!!) So now I have too sisters. Hooray! Oh, and I kind of went a little crazy with my camera before the wedding, so I shall share. And I would like to repeat what I said at the beginning. Children should never see their parents getting married. It's just plain weird on so many levels...


Me, Jillian, and McKenzie. Sista Love.




Me and Cooper. I really enjoy this picture. Mostly because I had attacked him right before Kristal snapped the picture. I caught him off guard!! Hahaha. I am the superior sibling...



This is my cousin Blake. He is so incredibly handsome...



Gabriel!! I love him so much!!



This is my favorite cousin...ever! His name is Steve. (For real) And he is the best!!

No comments: