Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Does This Mean I'm Illegal?

So I'm pretty sure that I was treated like an illegal alien yesterday when I went to the doctor's office. It was all kind of weird. They wouldn't take my insurance...which is not too uncommon outside the state of Utah, (Thank you, DMBA...) and so I had a couple of options. Of course, I was being treated for a sinus infection, and my head was all stuffy. Therefore making some of the details a little cloudy. There was the $45 option: The doctor sees you for the symptoms that you have that day, but you are not on any medical records at that office. Or the $85 option, and you somehow get on medical records... So considering the fact that I was moving at the end of that week, I decided to take the cheap route. I didn't need to be on any medical records anyway. I just wanted some antibiotics so I could remember how to answer questions like, "How are you?" Not too much to ask. So I learned more about the $45 dollar option. It was basically this. We will let you see a doctor for $45 dollars. No questions asked. You are not on any of our records, so you were technically never here. It was all kind of weird. They didn't make me fill out any personal information either. I just had to sign some stuff that said that I wouldn't call and hound them for my test results. It was all a little bizarre. So I performed a Jason Bourne yesterday, and they won't be able to trace where I was from 9:00 AM to 10:00. Hahahahaha!!! That was my plan all along!! Take that, fiends!!!! Okay, I am apparently having some side effects from the medication. I should quit while I am ahead. (Or at least was ahead.) Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: