Friday, February 5, 2010

Ball and Chain

Last night, my peep Courtney and I were texting each other, talking about a mutual friend of ours who had just had a baby. She is younger than both of us. Answer=crazy. We both agreed that we were happy with where we were in life, and content with not being married. I then went to sleep, and had several bizarre and horrifying dreams about marriage. I woke up, relieved that it was all a dream, and laughed out loud. I checked my phone and saw that I had gotten a new message from Courtney after I had already fallen asleep. It was finishing up our previous conversation about marriage. It ended with "Ball and chain, man! Ball and chain!" I then laughed so hard I almost cried. Thank you, Courtney for your impeccable timing. It was just the thing I needed after waking up from such disturbing marriage dreams. Brilliant. So here's to being single. Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment:

Travis Standley said...

Hey, dreams do crazy things but remember that you are going on a mission teaching others about eternal families...that includes marriage. It's true.

You'll be great out there! Good luck!