Thursday, January 26, 2012

Haiku

I just saw this in Pinterest: "How to write a Valentines Haiku" My eyes lit up, and I clicked on the link that took me to this little piece of heaven.

When I was in fifth grade, I had an eccentric hippie for a teacher. His name was Mr. Bob. (For reals.) He taught us how to make nature notebooks. Scraps of recycled paper bound together with twine, and a stick, decorated with leaves. He then taught us the art of writing haikus. I remember that at the tender age of 10, I thought that a haiku had to be among the most ridiculous of things in the whole world. Right up there with fairies, sugarplums and love-at-first-sight.

To this day, I can't help but laugh at the mention of the word haiku, and I appreciate all of the mocking references on prime time sitcoms.

But I decided to humble myself, and write my own Valentine's Day haiku. Love love love.


Vain, shallow, hottie
Really ripped attractive abs
Let's be facebook friends

2 comments:

Heidi Michelle said...

Nice, I love it! I'm missing your ending tag line for posts, though! Love you!

Michael said...

:D :D :D