Sunday, January 22, 2012

From the Heart

Last semester, I had the privilege of being part of this choir. It's called From the Heart. Maybe you've heard of it. (It's kind of a big deal.)

This semester, I am blessed to be part of it again. I get to work with talented, gifted and passionate people every week. I have grown so much from it.

Each Thursday and Sunday night, I get to sing my praises to the Most High God. There is nothing better. Nothing.

On my mission, I often felt that I experienced moments that could not be put into words. Teaching the Callisons, learning of the Atonement in Kalispell, afternoon appointments with Jan Frost and the unconditional love I felt for all I came into contact with. These were experiences that could not be fully or adequately expressed through words.

This is why I love music. It takes a beautiful thought and combines it with a beautiful sound. It allows me to bear my testimony to my Lord and Savior in a more complete, personal way. Taking personal ownership of the beautiful songs we sing allows me to be closer to my Master, my King. I cannot express the fulness of joy that comes through bearing testimony with song. But with each crescendo, key change and final note, my heart becomes more of His, who has owned it all along.

No comments: