Sunday, January 29, 2012

Run

Tonight, I just want to run. Run fast. Run far. Run from all of my stress, all of my angst. All of my troubles, all of my heartache. I just want to run.

Yet, as freeing and as grand as this sounds, it won't fix a thing. Our lives are made up of giant puzzle pieces, and our lifetime is spent trying to piece them together. We know that it probably will fall short of a masterpiece, but we hope that the final picture is beautiful, wonderful and worth it.

A lifetime ago, I sat in the Taylor 110 for missionary preparation class. I struggled in that class, and vowed that I would never, ever serve a mission. However, one thing I did gain, is a new understanding for God's view on our adversities.

Quoting Isaiah, Nephi teaches us this: "Behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." (1 Nephi 20:10)

This is why we can't run. We can't wander, can't stray. Because the promise is sure. All that is left to do is obtain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always feel like this. Thank you for describing it for me.