Saturday, October 6, 2007

Potato Harvesting

I had my first Idaho experience the other night!! It has always been a dream of mine...not really. But, it was interesting to see how fascinated some people are with potatoes. They are so proud of their spuds!! Okay, so I don't want you to get the idea that I just wander into potato fields for fun. It was a ward activity. Our First Councler is a potato farmer. He was trying to convince us how cool potatoes were. I thought it was kind of a loosing battle. Okay. Let's get into the goods.

Check out all of these spuds! This is what was called the cellar. It can hold 80,000 one-hundred pound bags of potatoes. That is pretty crazy; not gonna lie. It was kind of cool; but I don't think that I would be able to stand the smell of dirt and potatoes all of the time.




This is me and the spuds. I really don't know why they call them spuds... Don't I look so cool with all of those potatoes in the back of me? I could be a potato model.




This is Courtney looking like a babe behind the spuds.



Tasty!!


This is me, harvesting those spuds! It may or may not have been staged... Do with that what you will.

No comments: