Friday, October 12, 2007

The Testing Center...Of Doom

Right, so I have had four exams thus far in my first month here at BYU-I, and each one of them have been in the Testing Center. I must say that I do in fact have great feelings of animosity towards this building. It is actually quite unnerving in there. I would like to compare it to a Nazi Concentration camp. You may laugh, or gasp, but nonetheless. If you only saw it, you would feel the same. It really is like a prison. There is only one way in. No doors out. If that doesn't scream impending doom at you, I don't know what does. So you go in the one-way-doors, praying desperately, and climb a very steep set of stairs in silence. You then stand in line; silently. Everyone is sending each other covert looks; it's as though all of us in that chamber of death are trying to see if the other victims are having the same thoughts. "Where are the gas chambers?" You then proceed into the office area, where they give you a change of clothes, and a scrap of bread. Just kidding!! They swipe your card, and access all of your information. Slightly creepy. They then demand to know if your cell phone is off. You stammer nervously that it is indeed off, and then they tell you what you can use on your test. It is a little intimidating. Your mind goes blank..."Do I actually have a #2 pencil on me?!" "What?! No graphing calculators?!" Are common thoughts that weigh heavily on your mind. You are then given your test, and are wished good luck as you walk down the silent, white, and eerie corridor. You enter a very large room with about 100 desks. All of the walls are white. At the very front of the room, is a large picture of Jesus. That is your only hope. It really is like a prison. It's terrifying! I promise I have not exaggerated on any of this! It's so weird. I dread finals. No doubt I will be trapped in there, wishing that in a little bit, I may see the sun again.

No comments: