Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Today

Today I smelled the rain before I felt it. This has not happened in months and was a sensory pleasure I had forgotten. The combination of the cool, spring precipitation combined with the dusty, warm smell of the pavement brought a smile to my face. Summer is close.

Today I wrote over two thousand words informing the upper valley about election bonds, 21st century grants, education reform passed by the Idaho legislature and local awareness for child abuse.

Today I ate french fries and chocolate custard, catered by Nielsen's.

Today I heard from someone very far away and it brought joy to my heart.

Today I exerted my body. The muscles in my thighs, calves and core protested in agony as I steadily increased the speed on my treadmill. Sweet endorphins flooded through me leaving me refreshed and renewed.

Today I put a serious dent in my dwindling block of colby jack cheese.

Today I was reassured by someone I love.

Today I separated my whites from my darks.

Today I successfully operated the Canon on manual, adjusting the ISO and playing with the foreground and background.

Today I played my guitar like the amateur I am, wishing I could refine yet another unfinished talent.

Today I opened the blinds when I woke up and smiled in sweet and simplistic satisfaction as the sunshine poured through my window filling the depths of my room.

Today I was able to joke with someone I very much respect and found myself feeling fulfilled.

Today I watched Mega Mind and ate popcorn.

Today I was confident and happy with who I am, where I am, what I am.

Today I missed a friend I have not spoken to in years.

Today I wore my aviators.

Today I drank a liter of Diet Coke.

Today I was once again grateful for the beauty that is constantly surrounding me, lifting my calloused heart, reminding me of the goodness of my Lord and my God.

1 comment:

will said...

Today you made someone who loves you love you more......probably several someones but I can only speak for one.