Thursday, July 12, 2012

Confessions

I love giving people crinkly eyes as they laugh at something foolish I say.

I love watching a stranger receive a text from someone dear to them, and the sweet, subtle smile that fills their entire face.

I love harmonizing with the radio.

I love the moment between frustration and discovery as I pore over the pages of my law text book trying to decipher a language I feel inadequate to speak.

I love the release that comes from forgiving another. I love the tranquility that comes from being forgiven myself.

I love listening to "Gravity," "Edge of Desire"and a "Face to Call Home."

I love passing a beautiful painting I have never seen before, and stopping in my tracks to let it speak to my heart.

I love conversations that reach my soul.

I love the validation that comes from trust being fulfilled.

I love old movies, black and white photography and kisses on my forehead.

I love my mission.

I love making strangers laugh.

I love listening to a dear friends' stories.

I love the triumphs in the life of another.

I love people in love.

I love the years of life that I have lived, rich with wonderment and sorrow.

I love journalism and this nonsensical blog.

I love discussing national politics, county government and the Idaho legislature.

I love listening to my mother laugh with me about my day over the phone.

I love little notes left in my room by my dear, dear roommates.

I love long necklaces, daisies and new dresses.

I love feeling close to God in nature.

I love doing things that I didn't think I could; things that are hard; things that terrify me.

I love to sing in the shower, dance in my car and run to Kelly Clarkson.

I love to live deeply.

I love verbs, adjectives, nouns, adverbs and interjections.

I love long drives in my faithful red car.

I love reminiscing with people I hold close to my heart.

I love being Emmilie.

1 comment:

Polly Scott said...

Besides laughing with you over the phone about your day, I love late nights talking with you face to face sitting on the couch in hushed whispers...miss that lots!!! I love you!